Want to take a dip? Or simply put your towel down on the sand to sunbathe? Wild, sporty, family or secret... here are 5 beaches in the Landes to discover this summer!
The beach of the Lette Blanche (Vielle-Saint-Girons)
To the south of Saint-Girons-Plage, just a short distance from the 4-star EUROSOL campsite, the Lette Blanche beach is one of the wildest in the Landes. Nestled at the foot of the Landes forest, "La Lette" as it is called here, stretches for several kilometres, in a totally unspoilt environment, untouched by any construction. What a delight for summer visitors in search of calm, space and escape!
- Its assets: supervised beach in season, parking, disabled access, showers and toilets.
Also to be read: The beaches of Vielle Saint-Girons... all as beautiful as each other!
The beach of Contis (Saint-Julien-en-Born)
No concrete, just sand, beautiful waves and peace and quiet for this large and beautiful Landes beach hidden by the dunes. Behind the dyke, the beach is completely untouched, as far as Lit-et-Mix. It feels like being alone in the world! Between two swims, take the opportunity to visit the Contis lighthouse. The view is really worth the diversions!
- Its assets: supervised beach in season, accessibility for disabled people, free parking, bars, restaurants, ice cream parlours and souvenir shops nearby.
Lespecier Beach (Mimizan)
Like many beaches on the Landes coast, the Lespecier beach in Mimizan is very popular for its wild side and its XXL size: a 10 km long strip of sand away from the hustle and bustle of the resort. Perfect for putting down your towel and sunbathing in peace without being on top of each other! A real paradise for taking a break, a real break!
- Its assets: supervised beach in summer, large car park under the pines, showers, WC, disabled access (with tiralo), picnic and play area nearby.
The beach of Port d'Albret (Soustons)
If the ocean waves scare you a little, head for the beach of the Port d'Albret marine lake between Soustons and Vieux-Boucau. Nestled between ocean, dunes and forest, this small sandy beach is a real paradise, where children can swim safely in calm, clear water. In summer, you can hire a number of boats to enjoy the lake with your family: miniature boats, rowing boats, canoes, pedalos, paddles...
- Its assets: supervised beach in summer, free parking, nautical base, showers, sanitary facilities, restaurants, picnic areas.
The Courant d'Huchet beach (Moliets-et-Maa)
Between Moliets, Vielle-Saint-Girons and Léon, the Courant d'Huchet meanders through woods, dunes and marshes, before flowing into the ocean on the beach at Moliets. Although swimming is not recommended near the mouth of the river because of the currents, its magnificent and totally wild setting makes it a unique beach. You come here to stroll and admire a landscape of unusual beauty: the immense dunes, the Landes forest and the Huchet current which winds along the beach. A stretch of sand that is well worth a visit, even without swimming.
- Its assets: the Courant d'Huchet Nature Reserve, a natural jewel of the moors nicknamed "the little Landes Amazon", which the boatmen will take you on a tour in a galupe.