Coming to the Landes is also an opportunity to visit the many lakes in the region. Most of the large lakes in the Landes have beaches (often with lifeguards on duty in the summer), hiking trails and one or more nautical bases. This will allow you to learn windsurfing, wakeboarding, water skiing, towed buoys, stand-up paddle, canoeing, pedal boats, etc. All you need to have a good time with your family or friends!
Each lake has its own specificities which will correspond to all your desires:
- During a visit to Biscarrosse, you will discover a seaside resort situated between two large lakes in the Landes. To the north, the Lake of Cazaux-Sanguinet, ranked 2nd largest lake in France with 55 km². It will delight young and old alike in search of thrills thanks to its aquapark. To the south, the Lac de Parentis-Biscarrosse is also known, but this time for its hydrobase and its hydraviation museum.
- The lake of Aureilhan and Mimizan, has an unmissable flowery promenade, but is also appreciated for fishing.
- Located closest to the Eurosol campsite, the Lac de Léon, will allow those who love discovery to follow the footpaths or to let themselves be guided by boat on the splendid Huchet current.
- The marine lake of Port-d'Albret, located in Vieux-boucau and connected to the ocean, rent your boat or pedal boat to go to the wild island located in the centre of the lake for a guaranteed change of scenery. Not far from this marine lake, the Lac de Soustons is home to numerous nautical bases.
- Finally, situated at the southernmost point of the Landes, the Lake of Hossegor will give you the opportunity to taste oysters produced on the spot in an idyllic setting, a must for epicureans!