A trip to the Basque Country means discovering a region with many different facets: sea, mountains, culture and traditions. Just one hour from our Landes campsite, change of scenery and explore the Basque coast and its hinterland.
Go to the Basque coast
- Bayonne: Coming to Bayonne allows you to discover an atmosphere where conviviality is very important, as you can quickly see in the bodegas. The town is also known for hosting one of the most emblematic férias of the south-west with that of Dax.
- Biarritz: Characterised by the beach, its architecture and the Rocher de la vierge (the town's emblem), Biarritz is also appreciated for its gigantic aquarium and the city of the ocean.
- Saint-Jean-de-Luz: This small town of character was once the place of marriage between the Sun King and Marie-Thérèse celebrated in the Church of Saint-Jean-Baptiste. Those who wish to go back in time can also visit the Maison Louis XIV.
Discover the Basque Country and its most beautiful villages in France.
- Espelette: A stopover in Espelette will delight the taste buds of visitors. Renowned for the cultivation of Espelette chilli pepper and its festival, Espelette is also famous for chocolate and other Basque specialities such as sheep's cheese.
- Ainhoa: Ranked among the most beautiful villages in France, Ainhoa is a typical village in the Basque country. With its white and red half-timbered houses, its church and its 19th century Basque pelota pediment, it will not fail to enchant its visitors.
- Sare: At the foot of the mountain there is another listed village that is full of natural and historical treasures such as the Sare Caves, the Ortillopitz house and the emblematic Rhune. The Rhune is a peak that can be reached by a small cog railway. Once you reach the top, you can enjoy a splendid panorama of the ocean, the Landes forest and the Basque Pyrenees.
- Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port: The former capital of Lower Navarre is also the last French stop for pilgrims to Compostela. Due to its military past, the town has architectural remains (ramparts and citadel) that are worth a visit!